wind turbine model for europe

• houssein
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2024 08:35 #13029 by houssein
wind turbine model for europe was created by houssein
I would like to be able to make a complete wind model for a location that is not in the United States but in Europe. Is this possible and if so, can you tell me how because I am a beginner in programming?
thank you for your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2024 20:40 #13038 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic wind turbine model for europe
Hi Houssein,

I don't know if you are asking about designing your own computer model of a wind turbine, or if you are asking about using SAM to model a wind turbine in a location in Europe.

To use SAM's wind power model, you need time series (hourly or subhourly) wind resource data for one year. I am not aware of a source of wind resource data for locations outside of the United States. The wind data must be in the SAM CSV format for wind, which is described in SAM's Help system: samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/weather_format_csv_wind.html

Best regards,
Paul.

• houssein
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2024 08:18 #13040 by houssein
Replied by houssein on topic wind turbine model for europe
hello paul

sorry i misspoke but yes my question was about the tiliosation of the sam model for a wind turbine in europe

if in my csv file i only have wind speed at 10 m temperature at 10 m pressure at 10 m and relative humidity

because in the csv of sam they are also for 40,60,80....

• Paul Gilman
More
01 Apr 2024 17:49 #13048 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic wind turbine model for europe
Hi Hossein,

Wind speed data measured at 10 meters above the ground is not suitable for wind power analysis, except for very small turbines. For best results, you should use data measured at or near the turbine hub height.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman