Error C3861 in the Release build of SAM Open Source

• Lina Hassoun
  • Topic Author
More
17 Aug 2023 10:56 #12429 by Lina Hassoun
Hello, 

I am trying to install the open source version of SAM. I'm using Visual Studio 2022 on Windows.

I keep encountering a C3861 error in project SAMOS, file "simulation.cpp" which states: "ssc_data_set_var_match_case": identifier not found. When I examined the file, it showed that "ssc_data_set_var_match_case" was not defined anywhere. 

Where is the definition expected to be? Any tips on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
17 Aug 2023 23:45 #12437 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error C3861 in the Release build of SAM Open Source
Hi Lina,

Please try building from the patch branches of the SAM, ssc, wex, and lk repositories instead of the default develop branches. We are actively working in develop and can't guarantee that they will build correctly.

A build from patch branches will result in a version of SAM consistent with the current NREL release version, SAM 2022.11.21 Revision 3.

Let me know if you encounter that error with builds from the patch branches.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Lina Hassoun
  • Topic Author
More
18 Aug 2023 13:58 #12440 by Lina Hassoun
Replied by Lina Hassoun on topic Error C3861 in the Release build of SAM Open Source
Hello Paul, 

I followed your instructions and the build was successful. Thank you for your help!

Best regards, 
Lina  

Moderators: Paul Gilman