Error C1083 in Release and Debug of the project (downloading SAM open source)

• Giovan Battista Cavadini
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2019 11:22 #7767 by Giovan Battista Cavadini
I am trying to install the open source version of SAM, but I am encountering some difficulties. Now I am building Debug and Release for the project
lk/build_vs2017/lk_vc14.sln

But every time I try, there is a error that some files are not found, e.g.:

"Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: '../../../lib/vc_x64_lib/mswd/wx/setup.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\codegen.cpp)    lk_vc14    C:\sam_dev\lk\include\wx\setup.h "

In the GitHub guide it is written that could be due to the environment variables, or that the release and debug of wxWidget for the desired version was not done. I checked multiple times and this steps were performed correctly.

Looking at the folder, in the vc_x64_lib, the folder are called "mswu" and "mswud". In these folders there is the file setup.h. I tried to change the name according to what the error says, but nothing changed. How can I fix this problem?
I am using visual studio 2019, because Visual Studio 17 was not working, this could be the reason?

Thank you in advance to dedicate some time to my issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Nov 2019 23:13 #7773 by Paul Gilman
Hi Giovan,

As you mention, this seems like it might be caused by not setting the environment variables to point to the SAM repositories as described in the wiki:

github.com/NREL/SAM/wiki/Windows-Build-Instructions

Did you close and restart Visual Studio after setting the environment variables?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Giovan Battista Cavadini
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2019 12:38 #7776 by Giovan Battista Cavadini
Dear Paul,

thank you for your answer. I had set the environment variables under "user variables", after your comment I set the environment variables also under the "system variables", and I didn't have that problem anymore.

I would like to point out, that building solutions for debug and release of SSC with Visual Studio 2019, will require to add the line "#include <stdexcept>" to some files in order to compile. This comment in the wiki guide of GitHub could help new users to install SAM "open source".

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Giovan Battista Cavadini

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Nov 2019 16:18 #7778 by Paul Gilman
Hi Giovan,

Thank you for the information.

We are also moving to cmake soon and will be updating the build process and instructions accordingly. This should streamline the process and avoid issues with environment variables and building multiple code repositories.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman