mac os x - cannot save utility rates

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2015 23:20 #3011 by schmidly
mac os x - cannot save utility rates was created by schmidly
Paul, I know you're about to release an update to SAM 11.24.2014 soon, but I just wanted to bring to your attention another issue I found in the Mac OS X version: You cannot save a custom built utility rate when you try and select the option to 'save it to a file.' The software just opens a window and asks you to open a folder instead of saving/naming the file you want to save/and where. FYI. Please let me know if I'm not doing something correctly, though.

Thanks, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Feb 2015 23:11 #3012 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic mac os x - cannot save utility rates
Hi Brian,

That looks like a bug that will have to wait for the next version (Summer 2015) to be fixed. It works in the Windows version, so if you have a friend with a Windows computer, perhaps they could save the file for you. Or, if you email your .sam file(s) to me at sam dot support at nrel dot gov, I can save the rates for you.

Best regards,
Paul.

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2015 22:17 #3013 by schmidly
Replied by schmidly on topic mac os x - cannot save utility rates
Hi Paul, thanks for the notice. Let me play around with the Windows machine in our office and see what can be done per your advice above. Thanks for getting back to me/offering to save them as well. Greatly appreciated...Brian S.

• Paul Gilman
More
04 Feb 2015 23:05 #3014 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic mac os x - cannot save utility rates
Hi Brian,
I have a better solution for you now. To fix the problem, you can replace a file named Utility Rate - Flat.ui in your SAM installation:

1. Download the file ( UI 14.6 KB ).

2. If SAM is running on your computer, close it.

3. Open a new Finder window, and go to the SAM application. It might be in your Applications folder, or somewhere else on your computer.

4. Show the contents of the SAM package: Hold down the Control key, click the SAM application, and click Show Package Contents.

5. Put the Utility Rate - Flat.ui file that you downloaded in Step 1 on in the Contents/runtime/ui folder of the SAM application package. Be sure to replace the existing file with the same name.

6. Close the Finder window, and start SAM.
I hope that helps!
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman