Module data user input fails

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2015 01:53 #3000 by mhdraper
Module data user input fails was created by mhdraper
Paul,

A couple issues have cropped up. First, the software is not capturing basic parametric analysis input data. I input $/kWh for Production Based Incentives in 0.10 increments in an effort to demonstrate at what incentive level do current installed costs have a positive net present value. Simulation runs OK, however, NPV is same for each of 5 runs. So I must be missing something. On a related note, an input parameter for $/kWh State Tax Credit seems to keep coming up as the initial choice when accessing parametric analysis inputs.

Also wanted to match module data for two cases (in state vs. out of state manufacturers) and needed to enter new data for iTek Energy HE 275 watt module as this is not included in either CEC or Sandia databases. Populating table was very easy and I-V curve plotted. But, simulation failed. See attached log and screen capture.

Mike -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Jan 2015 17:10 #3001 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Module data user input fails
Hi Mike,

For your PBI analysis, be sure that the term in years for the PBI is not zero. You can either change it on the Incentives page, or set it for each parametric case by adding it as a parametric input. If you want to use the same term for each PBI value, then it would be easiest to set its value on the Incentives page. Does that solve the problem?

As for the module parameters, there is a bug that causes the coefficient calculator to fail when you use the %/C units for the temperature coefficients. Please try using the V/C and A/C units instead (you'll have to convert %/C to those units if they are not provided on the module's data sheet). We've fixed that bug for the update we plan to release in the next few days.

Best regards,
Paul.

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2015 23:58 #3002 by mhdraper
Replied by mhdraper on topic Module data user input fails
Paul,

As per your instructions I added time value for PBI in parametric analysis and that corrected my error. Converting %/C units to V/C and A/C solved the problem with User Input Values for Module Type.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mike -

Moderators: Paul Gilman