Registration Key

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2015 00:59 #2899 by mhdraper
Registration Key was created by mhdraper
Paul,

Just downloaded new version of SAM on OX S format. My older registration key failed when I attempted to register. The previous version I used was Windows based. Could this be the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Jan 2015 19:24 #2900 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Registration Key
You should be able to use the same email address and registration key to register multiple copies and versions of SAM, and to register both OS X and Windows copies of SAM.

What is the specific message that you see when you try to register SAM on your Mac?

Best regards,
Paul.

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2015 23:09 #2901 by mhdraper
Replied by mhdraper on topic Registration Key
Paul,

Following message appeared in window: "The registration key could not be verified. Please check the key and internet connection." The registration key is the same one I received on September 27th, when I accessed the Beta version. I have an internet connection that works just fine.

Thanks and "Happy New Year"

Mike -

• Paul Gilman
More
08 Jan 2015 19:33 #2902 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Registration Key
Hi Mike,
Are you using the same internet connection that you were in September? Some internet connections use a proxy server that could be causing problems. If that is the case for you, you can follow the instructions in  this post  to configure SAM to work with the proxy server.
Best regards,

Paul.

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2015 20:31 #2903 by mhdraper
Paul,

Same internet service provider, same wireless router, same registration key. The only difference is now I am using a new, Macbook Pro with Yosemite OX S. The software opens and starts but I'm down to 11 or so "free accesses" so to speak before I get shut off.

Has anyone mentioned having registration problems or operational problems issues the Yosemite OX S?

I'd really like to get this straightened out. Liked the previous version a lot. Looking forward to getting up to speed with latest version.

In the meantime I'll watch the last couple of online webinars.

Successfully registered for the upcoming webinar on parametric analysis BTW.

Thanks,

Mike -

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2015 21:23 #2904 by mhdraper
Paul,

All set, Simply went through the registration process a couple of times. Actually, received email with registration key (same as before) and this time it worked.

Already ran a residential analysis.

New version looks good.

Looking forward to improved productivity with this program.

Mike -

Moderators: Paul Gilman