User library

• lweiss@tenksolar.com
  • Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2014 20:22 #2750 by lweiss@tenksolar.com
User library was created by lweiss@tenksolar.com
Where can I create user library entries?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
01 Dec 2014 23:24 #2751 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic User library
Hello,
I assume you are asking about libraries in SAM 2014.11.24.
We retooled SAM's library system to make them easier to work with. To add or modify library entries, you can just edit the appropriate CSV file in the libraries folder. By default in Windows, the folder is C:\SAM\2014.11.24\libraries. You can edit the CSV file in any spreadsheet program or text editor.
When you start SAM after editing the library, you should see your entries listed with the others.
Best regards,
Paul.

• Vmcuevas
More
13 Nov 2015 08:46 #2752 by Vmcuevas
Replied by Vmcuevas on topic User library
Hi Paul,

I'm working with SAM 2015.6.30, is there a better way to add modules and invertes in the libraries? They use modules that are not yet marketed and files I have are PVSyst format.

Greetings and thak you!

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Nov 2015 19:00 #2753 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

SAM does not have a mechanism for importing PVsyst .pan files. This may be possible in the future, but is not at the moment because the .pan file format is a binary format that only PVsyst can read.

If you have the module parameters required by the CEC or Sandia module models or the Sandia inverter model, you can add items to the libraries as I describe above. Each library is a CSV file, and you can add rows to a file to add items.

You can also use the module "CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications" or inverter "Inverter Datasheet" to model equipment that is not included in the libraries. Those allow you to model a module or inverter using only data from a manufacturer data sheet, so you don't need the additional parameters you would need to add them to the library. Note that if you have IEC 61853 test parameters for a module, you can choose that option on the Module page.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Vmcuevas
More
24 Nov 2015 09:48 #2754 by Vmcuevas
Replied by Vmcuevas on topic User library
Thank you for the reply Paul.

I used the form of introducing modular specifications manufacturer’s data sheet for modules and inverters, it is easy to do so but has left me in doubt for the module "Inverter Datasheet " asks me the Nominal DC voltage, which does not appear in the data sheets of inverters, taking an inverter of the library of SAM I see that the nominal voltage is calculated by the program directly but then not use it at all, if so I leave value 0.

Could you tell me how the program calculates the voltage and if this voltage is used in some calculation?

Best regards,
VĂ­ctor.

• Paul Gilman
More
24 Nov 2015 17:05 #2755 by Paul Gilman
Dear Victor,

SAM uses the "Operating Ranges" inputs, including the Nominal DC voltage, to size the system when you choose "Specify desired array size" on the System Design input page. It does not use the value during the simulation.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman