SAM Beta

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2014 16:44 #2539 by Paul Gilman
SAM Beta was created by Paul Gilman
For the next version of SAM, we have completely overhauled the user interface and underlying code to make SAM more efficient and to simplify workflows. The Beta version of this new version is now available for download if you would like to see what it will look like and give us feedback. We will release the final new version. For download links and more details, see the SAM Beta release page .
If you have questions or comments about the Beta version, please reply to this post.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sidom
More
15 Sep 2014 11:12 #2540 by sidom
Replied by sidom on topic SAM Beta
Hello Paul,
I am having trouble introducing decimals in input variables of beta version. When introducing data with decimals they are rounded off to the whole number. How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance.

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2014 18:24 #2541 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAM Beta
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on the Beta version!

We need to go through all of the input variables to verify the number formatting. Can you tell me which variables in particular you were working with? In some cases, SAM may round (or truncate) values when you try to use more significant digits than make sense for a given variable.

Best regards,
Paul.

• sidom
More
17 Sep 2014 09:33 #2542 by sidom
Replied by sidom on topic SAM Beta
It was solved. It was a problem with Windows language option. Sorry for any inconvenience

On the other hand, I am having problems selecting old TMYs in tm2 format in CSP Parabolic trough model. These tm2 files, which worked well in previous versions, don't work properly in beta version. I have tried adding the tm2 file in Solar Resource list and also selecting the option "Use a specific weather file on disk" but neither of them works.

Regards

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2014 15:56 #2543 by Paul Gilman
Would you mind emailing me a copy of the .tm2 file to sam dot support at nrel dot gov? Also, are you using it with the physical trough model, or the empirical trough model?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
22 Sep 2014 23:30 #2544 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

There is a problem with SAM Beta running on Windows with a language setting that uses commas for decimal points. We will fix that for the release version. Thank you for pointing out the problem.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman