Sticky Notes

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2014 20:56 #2409 by mhdraper
Sticky Notes was created by mhdraper
This is more of a request than a question. I'd like a bit more flexibility when it comes to the "notes" feature in SAM. I'm finding that repeating a note to several similar input or output pages would be helpful. Also, there are times when multiple notes on a single input or output page would help document either background data or my rationale when building different cases. In all situations there should be a means of anchoring these notes to a specific page.

Thank-you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
09 Jul 2014 16:13 #2410 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Sticky Notes
Thank you for the suggestions.

Perhaps we could add a global note that would be visible from all pages in a case. That would be in addition to the current input-page-specific notes. As for multiple notes on a single input page, what would the benefit be of having more than one note over the current single note? Because you can put as much text as you like in a note, I'm not sure what the benefit of more than one note per page would be.

Best regards,
Paul.

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jul 2014 17:51 #2411 by mhdraper
Replied by mhdraper on topic Sticky Notes
Some of the output pages are quite large i.e. cash flows and therefore might require notes in several places. But, I suppose one set of notes at the bottom of a page for example would suffice. Also, when posting a note on a graph, it also appears on the cash flow table; which depending on the nature of the comment might not make sense. Would like to post and anchor a note on either an input or output page and keep it there. As you are aware there are numerous items that have to be addressed while running multiple cases in a project file. Would like a system that allows users to write notes, copy, paste, anchor etc. wherever desired. Perhaps this is just a throwback to hard copy, postit days.

Thanks for your time.

Moderators: Paul Gilman