Two different modules

• luizasathler
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2014 12:45 #2228 by luizasathler
Two different modules was created by luizasathler
Can I use two different modules for same SAM project?
I need to simulate a project whose array has two strings in paralel. The first one has 14 Kyocera modules in series. The second string has 1 Kyocera module and 13 modules from AstroPower in series (both with same power).
Is it possible?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Mar 2014 21:35 #2229 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Two different modules
Hello,
No. Unfortunately, in SAM, you can only model a photovoltaic system that uses one kind of module, and one kind of inverter.
You could try to work around that using the Multiple Subsystems option to model the system as two separate systems with a single financial model. For a description of that option, see SAM's help system. Here is a link to the topic on the website copy of the Help system:
SAM Help - Multiple Subsystems
Best regards,

Paul.

• Tom Durston
More
19 Sep 2015 23:27 #2230 by Tom Durston
Replied by Tom Durston on topic Two different modules
Paul, is the multiple subsystems option the best way to model an array with unequal string lengths? For example, an array has 14 modules connected in one MPP input and 13 modules in the other MPP input.
If multiple subsystems is the best way, could you help me find it in the menus? I tried to find it using the help link you provided. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place for the "Main window."
Thanks.

Moderators: Paul Gilman