SWRF vs. SRW file extension

• ibm214
  • Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2013 19:42 #2016 by ibm214
SWRF vs. SRW file extension was created by ibm214
Hi,
I am trying to use the SDK to generate a simplified version on SAM for wind. My team is currently having trouble with the wind module within the development core. I assume thatthe problem that we are encountering is due to a different file type being input into the program. The module requests an SWRF file while the weather file downloaded from SAM is an SRW file. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Dec 2013 21:29 #2017 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SWRF vs. SRW file extension
Hello,

The SSC's windpower module reads wind resource data from a file in the SRW format. The file_name label ("local SWRF file path") is incorrect.

You should assign a string with the SRW file's complete path and file name to the file_name variable. For example:

file_name = "C:/SAM/2013.9.20/weather/AR Northwestern-Flat Lands.srw"

Best regards,
Paul.

• ibm214
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2013 23:00 #2018 by ibm214
Replied by ibm214 on topic SWRF vs. SRW file extension
Thanks that clears up one of the issues, but I still haven't been able to get the wind module to work properly. Is there an example for a wind location that is available. I have found the solar examples provided with the ssc to be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ian

• Paul Gilman
More
09 Dec 2013 16:59 #2019 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SWRF vs. SRW file extension
Hi Ian,
Unfortunately, we do not have sample code for SDK's wind module. If you are willing, perhaps we could use your work as an example, after we get it working.
What specific problems are you having with the module? If you don't mind sending me a copy of your code, I'll try to help you troubleshoot. You can either attach it to your original post above, or email it as an attachment to SAM support .
Best regards,

Paul.

• ibm214
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2013 20:32 #2020 by ibm214
Replied by ibm214 on topic SWRF vs. SRW file extension
Thanks that clears up one of the issues, but I still haven't been able to get the wind module to work properly. Is there an example for a wind location that is available. I have found the solar examples provided with the ssc to be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ian

Moderators: Paul Gilman