CSP Physical Through Model: Availabilty to get inside the regression model

• juanhaces
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2013 16:13 #1916 by juanhaces
Dear Paul,

I'm working with a project of CSP Power Plant with an direct storage. I'd like to know, whether it is possible, the way to know which kind of regression is implemented in the power block.

Exactly, I'd like to know:
- Would it be possible to adjust the model? I'd like to implement more extractions and sections for the turbine and a reheater to accurate our model. I have researched in the forum, website, the channel of youtube and the user guide, but unfortunately I haven't found anything to achieve the implementation.

- I have read in another question that the SDK for CSP is not yet implemented. Could you give us a date? sam.nrel.gov/content/when-will-sdk-csp-will-be-available

- Lastly, i'll be so glad, whether you are able to explain to us the cold startup. How does it work? Which kind of assumptions must be here taken into account? Are the assumptions the same of the control flow diagram of the Physical Through Model (Figure 31)?

Thank very much in advance!

Best regards,
Juan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Nov 2013 19:45 #1917 by Paul Gilman

• juanhaces
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2013 16:26 #1918 by juanhaces
Dear Paul,

I have been reading the codes with the notepad. I'd like to ask you about the library of TRNSYS 'csp_dtr_simctrl.trdsrc':

1) When I read the text, the fc_on (Forecasting hours, logical) seems to be disabled. Could you explain why? Is it my assumption correct?

2) On the other hand the forecasting hours are just only 3. Is it correct?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Juan

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Nov 2013 16:57 #1919 by Paul Gilman
Dear Juan,

Unfortunately, your questions are beyond the scope of what I can answer here. I would guess that if forecasting is disabled, that the code would ignore the value of fc_hours.

Best regards,
Paul.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman