Simulating a tower with storage dispatch

• Soufiane
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2013 14:38 #1913 by Soufiane

I want to simulate a tower that works with 5 hours storage. I am interested in using the 5 hours storage starting  5pm, while during the day, the steam turbine is shut down and the storage is being filled. Therefore I used a uniform dispatch schedule, and modified it as the following: the first period is where the steam turbine is off so i changed the turbine fraction to 0, and the second period is when we start using the storage (at 5pm), and therefore set the turbine fraction to 1.

This works fine at the beginning of the time series, however, starting January 21st, I can see from the hourly data that the storage is full, but for some reason, it is not being used, the power output is also 0 since there is no auxiliary backup, and that goes on for the rest of the year, and I was wondering why this is happening.

When I set the turbine output fraction to 1 in the 1st period, the model is well simulated, but once i set it back to 0, there is only a power output for the first 21days of the year.

I hope you will be able to help me with this

Kind regards,

Soufiane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Nov 2013 18:43 #1914 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Simulating a tower with storage dispatch
Dear Soufiane,
Would you mind attaching a copy of your .zsam file to or original post? From the description and graph you posted, I can't tell what might be causing this behavior.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman