sharing SAM files

• laurarecchie
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2013 16:09 #1905 by laurarecchie
sharing SAM files was created by laurarecchie
Is there a way two members of an organization can share a SAM file? I'd like to be able to access the model a colleague started, but so far we only seem to be able to share output?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edwardlaw
More
04 Nov 2013 21:29 #1906 by edwardlaw
Replied by edwardlaw on topic sharing SAM files
Hello
Yes, SAM project files can be shared. For the project (containing the cases) you want to share, go to File and choose Save As... Save the file as type *.zsam. Send the *.zsam file to your colleague to share the project.
Note that if the *zsam file was saved from a different version of the SAM software used to open it, a warning box will appear when the file is opened to let you know.
Regards Edward

• drsolarguy
More
10 Apr 2015 17:42 #1907 by drsolarguy
Replied by drsolarguy on topic sharing SAM files
I saved my project data in a .zsam file, but my colleague is running the latest 2015 version that uses .sam files.
What is the easiest way for us to share work, him to download a legacy version, or me to download and re-enter all inputs in the latest version?

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Apr 2015 16:32 #1908 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic sharing SAM files
Hello,
The "new" version of SAM (since Version 2011.11.24) does not open .zsam files. It uses a new file format with the .sam extension -- for more on that, see this post .
To work with a .zsam file, you either need to use a legacy version (2014.1.14 or earlier), or you need to recreate the file by hand in the latest version.
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman