Gap between "Solar field thermal output" and "Thermal energy to the power cycle" (in case of TES full charged)

• Suzuki Koichi
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2013 10:50 #1847 by Suzuki Koichi
Hello.
I am trying to simulate a parabolic trough collector thermal plant with storage by ver.2013.1.15.

Could you explain the gap between "Solar field thermal output" and "Thermal energy to the power cycle” at storage full charged?

In case of no storage, "Solar field thermal output" is equal to "Thermal energy to the power cycle". Also, in case of charging to storage, "Solar field thermal output" is equal to “Thermal energy to the power cycle + Thermal energy to thermal storage".
However, when storage is full charged, it seems there is some gap between "Solar field thermal output" and "Thermal energy to the power cycle ".

I attached my output. Please explain this gap.

Best regards,

Koichi Suzuki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Oct 2013 22:12 #1848 by Paul Gilman
Dear Koichi,

Would you mind attaching to your original post a copy of the .zsam file that generated the results in your spreadsheet?

To attach the file, click the Edit tab above your original post and use the options under "File Attachments" to choose and attach the file.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
08 Oct 2013 15:21 #1849 by Paul Gilman
Dear Koichi,

Your calculations do not account for the thermal capacitance of the HTF. In the case of the power tower, you can use a value of 2.507 kJ/kg-K for salt. For a parabolic trough, you can use 2.455 kJ/kg-K for the Therminol VP-1 oil. Please see the spreadsheet that I attached to your original message for an example.

Best regards,
Paul.

• pavankumar001@gmail.com
More
21 Feb 2016 23:41 #1850 by pavankumar001@gmail.com
Dear Mr Paul/Mr Koichi,

Could you please attach the zsam file and the excel spreadsheet Mr.Paul referred to ?

Thanks

• Paul Gilman
More
22 Feb 2016 16:27 - 15 Sep 2022 17:14 #1851 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

The files are attached.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2022 17:14 by Paul Gilman.

Moderators: Paul Gilman