Power cycle efficiency hourly

• ignacio oleaga
  • Topic Author
More
30 Sep 2013 17:09 #1846 by ignacio oleaga
Power cycle efficiency hourly was created by ignacio oleaga
Analyzing hourly results from a solar tower model plant (molten salts), some doubts about Power cycle efficiency hourly concept have arisen to myself.
I supposed the following alternatives for calculating the heat exchanged in the power cycle should achieve same results but they do not
On one hand, I take into account the Power block HTF mass flow rate (kg/hr) hourly * (Power cycle HTF inlet temperature (C) hourly - Power cycle HTF return temperature (C) hourly.
On the other hand I take into account Gross electric power output (MWh) hourly / Power cycle efficiency hourly.
Why both alternatives do not match each other? Are there any thermal losses supposed on the steam generator or in the pipelines? Am I using different molten salts enthalpy properties?

By the way, I was expecting if there is possible to inform me about where I could find more information related to the behaviour of the plant in Off-design mode (appart from Wagner's thesis from the University of Madison 2008) . Specially talking about the performance of the power cycle (steam turbine, extractions, cold end, etc) and steam generator (configuration).

Thanks for your support.
Kind Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman