• Zschulman
  • Topic Author
More
09 Aug 2013 21:07 #1758 by Zschulman
Peak vs. Off-Peak energy production was created by Zschulman
We need to get two results:

Peak Production 8AM-11PM (M-F)
Off Peak: 11PM-8AM (M-F) and Weekend

We have value 1 for peak and value 2 for peak but do not know where to look for the final results.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
09 Aug 2013 23:03 #1759 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Peak vs. Off-Peak energy production
Hello,

When you post questions on the forum, please provide more information about your analysis. It is helpful for me to know what performance model (flat plate PV, physical trough, etc) and financial model (residential, commercial, single owner, etc.) you are working with. Because there are many different possibilities in SAM, I can't always tell what you might be describing without that information.

I think you might be referring to time-of-use rates for either the residential or commercial financial model. Unfortunately, SAM does not report results by time-of-use period. For example, if you defined the peak period on the Utility Rate page as Period 1, SAM does not show Period 1 totals in the results.

Best regards,
Paul.

• urbangreentech2011
More
11 Aug 2013 21:00 #1760 by urbangreentech2011
Replied by urbangreentech2011 on topic Peak vs. Off-Peak energy production
Paul:

Thank you for your response. I am using Flat PV, utility model.

I need to produce the energy output values (in kWh not $$$) for peak (8AM to 11PM M-F) and off-peak (11PM -8AM and Sat and Sun). I defined the periods but I think this can only be used to calculate the revenue not to get the production results.

Is there a way to calculate the output values I need.

Thank you

• Paul Gilman
More
29 Aug 2013 21:42 #1761 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Peak vs. Off-Peak energy production
Hello,

In the hourly results, SAM reports a variable called "Hourly Dispatch Factors" that shows the TOD factor that applies in each of the 8,760 hours of the year.

I have asked the developers to add the TOD period to the hourly results. That would allow you to export a table of the hourly TOD periods and hourly energy values in kWh to Excel, and calculate the total kWh in each TOD period in the workbook.

That should be available in the next version of SAM, which we plan to release in September (2013).

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman