CSP Trough Empirical, Commercial - Independent Power Producer

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2013 07:11 #1728 by Pierre
Dear Sir,

I wanted to ask you which are the differences between:
"CSP Trough Empirical, Commercial" and "CSP Trough Empirical,Independent Power Producer".

I have introduced the same inputs and I have a different production of gross power.

I am working with 2013.1.15 Version.

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2013 11:07 #1729 by Pierre
Dear Sir,

I have solved this question. The difference was that with a model, I was working with 2012.11.30 and with the other, it was 2013.1.15.
When I used "CSP Trough Empirical, Commercial" and "CSP Trough Empirical,Independent Power Producer" with 2013.1.15 Version, I have the same results.

But, I have a new question. Is there a production margin applied about 5%?

Thank you very much.

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Jul 2013 17:35 #1730 by Paul Gilman
Dear Pierre,

The "production margin" you observe may be due to the values on the Performance Adjustment page. The default cases for the empirical trough model have a "percent of annual output" factor of 96% that reduces the system's total annual output by 4% to account for system outages for maintenance or for other reasons.

You can expect the results between versions to change as we find and fix problems in the performance models. You can see a list of the differences between SAM 2012.11.30 and SAM 2013.1.15 in the release notes, which are available on the Help menu.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman