what the difference between "Annual Energy" "Gross Electric Output (kWh) annual""Net Electric Output (kWh) annual"

• phren
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2013 15:56 #1644 by phren
for my CSP tower power ,molten as HTF and case,just like the sample file" Power Tower Field and Storage Optimization with SamUL"
the result table for the following data confused me.

Annual Energy Gross Electric Output (kWh) annual Net Electric Output (kWh) annual
2.13191e+008 2.46577e+008 2.22074e+008

"annual Energy "is from output variables/metrics;
"Gross Electric Output (kWh) annual"is from output variables/single values;
"Net Electric Output (kWh) annual"is from output variables/single values too;

my SAM edition is 2013.1.15.

so what is the difference between them?
and another question molten salt power tower can output hourly result data?

thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• phren
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2013 15:58 #1645 by phren
the second question is about the result tables,how can i get the hourly data as posted before .

thank you~

• Paul Gilman
More
04 Jun 2013 20:21 #1646 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

SAM reports several versions of the system's annual electricity output. For the CSP power tower model:

Annual Energy (from Metrics table) is the total annual electric output of the system, after adjustment factors from the Performance Adjustment page are applied. This value is equal to Net Electric Output (see below) adjusted by the performance adjustment factors. For the default case, Annual Energy = Net Electric Output * Percent of Annual Output.

Gross Electric Output (from Tables, Single Values) is the system's gross electric output before parasitic losses.

Net Electric Output (from Tables, Single Values) is the system's net electric output after parasitic losses.

You can confirm the relationship between the gross and net values as follows:

1. On the results page, click Tables and expand the Hourly Data list.

2. Check the boxes for "Gross electric power output (MWh), hourly," "Total parasitic consumption (MWh), hourly," and "Net electric power output (kWh),hourly."

3. Click Send to Excel.

4. In Excel, you can see that, for each hour, Net Output = Gross Output - Parasitic Consumption.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
04 Jun 2013 20:24 #1647 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

You can use the screenshot (picture) in that post to see how to display the hourly values. Or, you can find instructions in Help .

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman