SAMUL command to create input parameter summary

• steve.ihnen@vaisala.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 May 2013 17:35 #1605 by steve.ihnen@vaisala.com
SAMUL command to create input parameter summary was created by steve.ihnen@vaisala.com
Is there a way within SAMUL to create and save a file similar to the "Input Value Summary" that can be generated from the SAM results page?

I tried using WriteResults with the second argument being a long list of input params, but it created and wrote a blank file.

Also what is the format for continuation lines within SAMUL scripts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
13 May 2013 22:58 #1606 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAMUL command to create input parameter summary
Hi Steve,

I think the only way to generate a list of input values is to write them to a text file in the way you describe.

I have found that it takes some experimentation to get the various file writing and reading functions to work. If you have used a different function like Write() or WriteTextFile() successfully, you might consider using that function instead of WriteResults(). Without seeing your script, I can't tell exactly why it is not working for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "continuation lines." Special Characters are listed in the SamUL Data Variables Help topic. For a new line, you can use backslash-n ('\n'). If you mean in the SamUL script itself, I don't think you can break lines and add spaces within a command to make them more readable like you can in some other languages.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman