Looking for Sources for PV Cost Breakdowns to feed SAM models

• PhilippS
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2013 08:21 #1593 by PhilippS
I'd like to solicit pointers to good, current PV cost breakdowns to feed into the "PV System Cost" Section.

I am explicitely looking for a public, citeable and reputable source (ideally for various technologies, including US-cSi, Chinese-cSi, and CIGS). I used to use the "DOE Cost Impact Tables" which they published for the SunShot programs, but this is getting dated and also has a different segmentation of the breakdown that doesn't map well onto the cost categories of SAM.

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Best,
PhilippS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 May 2013 15:53 #1594 by Paul Gilman
Dear PhilippS,

We try to keep the list of references that we use for SAM's default costs up to date on the System Cost Data page of the SAM website. Between the fluctuations of prices in the PV industry, the time it takes to analyze and publish cost data, and the fact that we release new versions of SAM with updated default cost values once or twice a year, those sources tend to be one or two years behind the current market.

The other sources listed on that page, like NREL's OpenPV Project and the commercial website SolarBuzz may have more current data.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman