Hourly Output from Multi-Year P50/P90 Simulation

• nginsburg48@yahoo.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2013 21:56 #1522 by nginsburg48@yahoo.com
Hourly Output from Multi-Year P50/P90 Simulation was created by nginsburg48@yahoo.com
Hello,

Is there a way to obtain hourly output for the entire multi-year analysis period of a P50/P90 Analysis? I've only been able to obtain hourly output from the Base Case so far.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best,
Noah Ginsburg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
11 Apr 2013 15:53 #1523 by pgilman
Dear Noah,

For now (as of SAM 2013.1.15), it is not possible to show hourly results for P50/P90 analyses. That limitation is imposed by NREL's agreement with the NCDC. We are working with them to see if we can make the hourly results available in the next version of SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

• nginsburg48@yahoo.com
  • Topic Author
More
16 Apr 2013 22:05 #1524 by nginsburg48@yahoo.com
Replied by nginsburg48@yahoo.com on topic Hourly Output from Multi-Year P50/P90 Simulation
Thank you for the reply, Paul. Much appreciated!

• lucasto
More
11 Jan 2018 21:15 #1525 by lucasto
Hello,

Iwould like to ask you how can I get the hourly output on the historial weather data in CZ? Is there any posibility?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Lucie Castoralova

• pgilman
More
12 Jan 2018 23:59 - 20 Aug 2020 22:08 #1526 by pgilman
Dear Lucie,

[Script updated 8/20/2020]

If you have a set of historical weather files weather data for your location, you can use the hourly-data-from-multiple-weather-files.lk  script I posted on the Samples page in SAM's GitHub repository to create a CSV file with hourly (or subhourly) generation data:

github.com/NREL/SAM/blob/develop/samples/LK%20Scripts%20for%20SAM/

To download the file, click the file name in the list of sample scripts, and then right-click Raw in the toolbar above the script and save the script to your computer:

You can try the new version of PVGIS to get historical weather data for locations outside of the Unites States:

re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis.html

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2020 22:08 by pgilman.

• mark.norman
More
12 Jul 2019 08:26 #7529 by mark.norman
Replied by mark.norman on topic Hourly Output from Multi-Year P50/P90 Simulation
Hi Paul

Has this situation changed? I need some sub-hourly P50 energy data based upon my own 10 years of sub-hourly weather data.

If not, do you know and any other resources to easily create the P50 weather data set from my 10 year data set?

Mark  

Moderators: pgilman