• yspthebest
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2013 08:40 #1487 by yspthebest
regarding the flat pv residentail model was created by yspthebest
Hi

I have few questions regarding the flat pv residential model

1) I have selected the .epw file for pune site INDIA,
I want similar data for the sites near to the pune site , kindly provide me the info where this data is available all over the world ?
2) selected the available solar pv model , want to select other modules from other suppliers. pl help on this.
3) Selected Inverter supplier from available list , want to select another inverter model from other supplier pl help on this.
4)how should we select the incentives schemes for the country INDIA?

kindly help on the above queries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2013 20:15 #1488 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic regarding the flat pv residentail model
1. For a list of resources for weather data, please see the Download Weather Files topic in SAM's help system.

2. If you would like to model a system with a brand of module that is not in either the Sandia or CEC module library, you can use the CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications option to enter the module specifications by hand. See the Modules topic for details.

3. For now, if the inverter you want to model is not in the Sandia inverter library, you can choose an inverter with similar characterstics to the one you want to model. We plan to add an option for specifying the inverter parameters in the next version of SAM (Summer/Fall 2013).

4. You can specify a wide range of incentives on the Incentives page. For locations outside of the United States, it is not possible to automatically download incentive data from SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

• yspthebest
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2013 10:38 #1489 by yspthebest
Replied by yspthebest on topic regarding the flat pv residentail model
Dear Paul

Thanks

after adding weather data file from energy plus (epw format) and module as per specs and selecting inverter as per the selection , I am getting the error '' IVAL LOOKUP ERROR pv.subarray1.enable''

Kindly help on this error.

Yogesh

• Paul Gilman
More
18 Jun 2013 16:38 #1490 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic regarding the flat pv residentail model
Dear Yogesh,

Can you tell me what weather file you are using? Is it one from the EnergyPlus website, or from a different source?

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman