• Ghamami
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jul 2024 15:26 - 09 Jul 2024 17:07 #13283 by Ghamami
Importing wind data into SAM was created by Ghamami

File Attachment:

File Name: Sistan_Bal...data.csv
File Size:18 KB
Hi everyone. The file attached is my favored file about the project that I am going to do. I have already checked the proper format and characteristics of the file which are appropriate for the SAM. After I import my file and run the simulation, I receive this error:

"exec fail(windpower): failed to read local weather file: error reading header (line 1).  At least 8 columns required, 1 found., /Users/parsaghamami/Desktop/University/Energy Economics/Final_Project/Sistan_Baluchestan_winddata.srwSimulation windpower failed :exec fail(windpower): failed to read local weather file: error reading header (line 1).  At least 8 columns required, 1 found., /Users/parsaghamami/Desktop/University/Energy Economics/Final_Project/Sistan_Baluchestan_winddata.srwgen not assignedSimulation grid failed :gen not assignedSSC requires input ‘gen’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulationsSimulation utilityrate5 failed :precheck input: variable ‘gen’ (System power generated) required but not assignedSSC requires input ‘gen’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulationsSimulation singleowner failed :precheck input: variable ‘gen’ (Net power to or from the grid) required but not assigned". 

What is the problem with my work?
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2024 17:07 by pgilman. Reason: Format for clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
09 Jul 2024 17:09 #13287 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Importing wind data into SAM
Hi Ghamami,

The file you attached is not in a format that SAM can read.

Please use the information in the "SAM CSV Format for Wind" topic in Help to edit the file:

samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/weather_format_csv_wind.html

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman