I am getting an error when downloading Cambium price data

• njabulomlilo@live.com.au
  • Topic Author
More
28 May 2024 09:05 - 29 May 2024 10:17 #13210 by njabulomlilo@live.com.au
I am getting an error when downloading Cambium price data was created by njabulomlilo@live.com.au
I am getting an error when downloading cambium data. I downloaded the data previously to my model and played around with the values, I now want to redownload to refresh the data matrix but error below appears, please help

Regards
Njabulo Mlilo
Last edit: 29 May 2024 10:17 by pgilman. Reason: Please attach images as files and then insert them into your message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
29 May 2024 10:19 #13213 by pgilman
Hi Njabulo Mlilo,

I was not able to replicate this problem. Please try again in case the Cambium API was temporarily out of service. If you continue to have the problem, please attach a copy of the .sam file that you are using to access the API so I can help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Topic Author
More
06 Jun 2024 20:08 #13243 by njabulomlilo@live.com.au
Replied by njabulomlilo@live.com.au on topic I am getting an error when downloading Cambium price data
Hi Paul, thanks for looking into this, please find my file attached, I am still experiencing this problem

regards

Njabulo Mlilo

• pgilman
More
07 Jun 2024 16:22 #13244 by pgilman
Hi Njabulo,

I think the problem is caused by a conflict between the available parameters in your SAM file and those available from the Cambium API. This conflict might be caused if the Cambium API was updated since you originally set up your file.

Here is a workaround solution that worked for me. Please try it and let me know if it fixes the problem. Note that some of the parameters from the current API may be different from the ones in your file, so you may have to reselect them after running the script.
  1. Download the attached cambium-fix.lk file and save it to your computer. This file is a script that resets the Cambium metadata variable in your file, which will force SAM to download the latest one from the API so that the SAM parameters match the API parameters.
  2. Create a copy of your .sam file for testing.
  3. Start SAM and open the .sam file.
  4. On the File menu, click Open script, and open the attached cambium-fix.lk file.
  5. At the top of the script window, click Run.
  6. Close the script window.
  7. Save the .sam file.
  8. Close SAM.
  9. Restart SAM and open the .sam file.

Best regards,
Paul.

Attachments:

• Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2024 22:26 #13245 by njabulomlilo@live.com.au
Replied by njabulomlilo@live.com.au on topic I am getting an error when downloading Cambium price data
Thanks Paul, the script fix worked

regards

Njabulo Mlilo

• pgilman
More
10 Jun 2024 09:48 #13246 by pgilman
Hi Njabulo Mlilo,

Thanks for letting us know. We will fix this for the next version of SAM.

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/1786

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman