Generic-Battery BTM storage dispatch options

• dawon
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2024 04:47 #13028 by dawon
I have a question about my battery model.
There are two BTM options: peak shave and self-consumption. Is there any data showing the difference between the two?
Yes, the results show that the self-consumption option maximizes battery usage and minimizes power usage from the grid, but I'm wondering if there's a better option I can visualize.

I also set both power production and consumption to both options to output the values ​​I manually entered, but I'm curious as to why the Annual AC energy is different (I set all losses to 0).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2024 19:29 #13032 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Generic-Battery BTM storage dispatch options
Hi Dawon,

The peak-shaving battery dispatch option for behind-the-meter (BTM) batteries dispatches the battery to minimize demand charges calculated from the demand rates defined on the Electricity Rates page and the peak usage (electricity from grid).

The self-consumption option dispatches the battery to minimize the use of electricity to or from the grid.

I'm not sure why the AC power values you see are different from what you expect. If you want me to help troubleshoot, please attach a .sam file that illustrates this result with a description of the results you expect.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman