sotrage

• dija
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2013 18:38 #1446 by dija
sotrage was created by dija
Dear Paul,

Please could you explain to me how can i prevent the storage to provide the thermal energy to power cycle for daytime?
I put “1” in the storage dispatch W/solar but when i visualize the thermal energy to thermal storage i have the impression that it doesn’t even charge.

i want to configure my dispatch control to prevent the storage for the daytime and use it only to generate electricity from 8pm to 22 pm

please find attached the graph of : solar field out put , thermal energy to power cycle, thermal energy to sthrmal storage and dumped energy
also the setting of dispacth control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2013 22:54 #1447 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic sotrage
Please see the PDF file attached to your original post for a discussion of the storage dispatch fraction inputs.

Does the help?

Best regards,
Paul.

• dija
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2013 14:20 #1448 by dija
Replied by dija on topic sotrage
dear Paul,

Thank you for your file but i have already read it and by the way it was very useful for me to undrestand how SAM allowds users to define a thermal storage dispatch control but i still have some misunderstanding. so i want to clarify it to me please.
I noticed that the storage loads if i use the bakup fossil but without it my storage does'nt charge.
I want to design a plant which works only with solar energy (without any backup fossil energy). so my plant will use only solar energy in the morning (period1), use storage in the evening (period 2) and dont work in the night ( period 3)
so I put :
period 1 : 1 1 1 0
period 2 : 1 0 1 0
period 3 : 1 1 0 0
and when i visualise " heat map " of thermal enegy to storage i found that my sotrage doesnt charge.so why??
thank you

Best regards,

khadija

Moderators: Paul Gilman