Modeling NOOR I On System Advisor Model

• Hassan
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2024 10:51 #13004 by Hassan
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently undergoing an internship focused on the techno-economic comparison of Heat Transfer Fluids (HTFs) in Parabolic Trough Collector (PTC) systems. As part of my project, I am aiming to use Noor I as a reference plant.

To proceed with my research, I need to validate the model by comparing it with measured data. However, I am facing challenges in obtaining the necessary characteristics to modelize Noor I on SAM. Despite thorough searches on the web, I have been unable to locate the required data.

Therefore, I am reaching out to the NREL forum community for assistance. If anyone has access to the data required for modeling Noor I on SAM or knows of any organization that may provide access to such data, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. Your support will be invaluable in advancing my internship project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Mar 2024 16:20 #13005 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Modeling NOOR I On System Advisor Model
Hi Hassan,

Here are a couple of past forum discussions that mention the Noor project:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/1074

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/8-creating-a-site-specific-tmy3-weather-input-file-for-sam.html?start=6#19

The NREL National Solar Radiation Database recently released a new dataset for Africa and Europe, so it is now possible to download weather data for location in that region directly from SAM's Location and Resource page.

Here are a couple of links to academic articles in English mentioning SAM and the Noor project. I suspect there may be more in other languages:

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0038092X18305437

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360544219307935

If anyone else has additional information, please let us know!

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman