Battery System Power Generated Change When Modeling Scenario in 2023.12.17

• Ondrea
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2023 23:00 - 02 Jan 2024 23:59 #12775 by Ondrea
Hello,

I previously modeled a Battery, Commercial scenario in version 2022.11.21. I now need to make updates to a particular scenario, and used the latest version, 2023.12.17, on another computer to run the exact same scenario.
However, the results have changed drastically between the 2 versions when looking at monthly billing demand, which led me to also see that there was a significant difference in the battery system power generated values as well. The older version has higher power generated and thus lower monthly billing demand with system. I am not sure which version is correct, and why there is a change.

Below are screenshots of the setup (same for both versions) and summary page (different for each version). I have also attached both of the SAM files for the different versions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to clarify and help with a resolution. I really appreciate your help with this.

Scenario Setup:

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jan 2024 23:59 by Paul Gilman. Reason: Insert image as attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Jan 2024 00:01 #12794 by Paul Gilman
Hi Ondrea,

We did make some changes to the battery dispatch model in SAM 2023.12.17 that might explain the differences you are seeing.

Please attach a copy of the .sam file you created in SAM 2022.11.21 if you would like me to help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman