SAM 2013.3.7

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 15:53 #1409 by Pierre
SAM 2013.3.7 was created by Pierre
Dear Paul,

I have been working with "Generic Solar Sytem" and "Linear Fresnel" with Windows XP (2013.1.15 version of SAM).

I only have a question. This new version 2013.3.7 is now available?
In order to update the new version, is it possible to update from the web? Or SAM must send to me a message when I open the program. I ask it because I did not receive anything. Maybe, because I have Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
12 Mar 2013 18:27 #1410 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAM 2013.3.7
Dear Pierre,

The current version of SAM is SAM 2013.1.15. We issued an update to this version last week that you can apply if your computer is connected to the internet.

If you do not see an update window when you start SAM, you can apply the update from the Help menu: Click Check for updates to this version and follow the instructions to apply the update. Note that your computer must be connected to the internet for you to apply the update.

This update does not change the version number. To see if your copy of SAM includes the update in Windows, on the Help menu, click About. At the bottom of the window that appears, you should see the following: Version 2013.1.15 [samsim 2.3.3 | ssc 27] Revision 1.

The full version number for SAM 2013.1.15 without the update is: Version 2013.1.15 [samsim 2.3.3 | ssc 27].

(For OS X, please see OS X Update for SAM ).

Best regards,
Paul.

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2013 07:37 #1411 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic SAM 2013.3.7
Dear Paul,

I have clicked in "Click Check for updates to this version" ("Help menu") and I have seen the next message in my computer:
"Could not obtain update information"

I have clicked on the Help menu "About". At the bottom of the window that appears, I could see the following:
"Version 2013.1.15 [samsim 2.3.3 | ssc 27]"

When I open the program, I see the message "Could not connect" (in red colour) below "U.S. DEPARTMENT of ENERGY".

In my computer there is a connection to Internet. I do not understand why I could not see the update window.

Thanks in advance.

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Mar 2013 16:50 #1412 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAM 2013.3.7
Dear Pierre,

Is your computer behind a firewall that could be preventing SAM from connecting to the internet?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2013 15:17 #1413 by Pierre
Dear Paul,

I think so. I could not verify it still.

I have two questions about the new update for SAM 2013.1.15.

1) In Generic Solar System, has it be solved the problem with solar field thermal losses value? (This parameter does not include optical losses)

2) In Generic Solar System, too, have you changed the name of "Solar Field Thermal Output" variable to "Solar Field Incident Thermal Power" variable?

Thanks in advance.

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2013 10:09 #1414 by Pierre
Dear Paul,

At the end, today in the morning, I could install the update. And I could verify that my two questions have been solved.

Thanks

Moderators: Paul Gilman