How to Verify Datasheet Accuracy in SAM

• Aiman
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2023 12:24 #12725 by Aiman
Hi,

I am working on a utility scale PV farm when I found the module Jiangsu HY-DH144P8-550 (monificial) having nominal efficiency of 32.58% which is very promising. It also says the area of the module is 1.69m2 which is having a high power to area ratio. However, I just wanted to verify these details with manufacturer datasheet but unable to cross-check the values.

I found this datasheet from the manufacturer website: www.runergy.com/wp-content/uploads/download/DH144P8.pdf

That is the closest datasheet to the module I can find, but the nominal efficiency on the datasheet is 21.3% which is significantly lower from what is shown on SAM. Besides, the datasheet states that the module is bificial.

May I know how can I verify the data as shown on SAM CEC Module Database?

Thank you,
Aiman.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Dec 2023 23:46 #12729 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic How to Verify Datasheet Accuracy in SAM
Hi Aiman,

The module area in the library is significantly different from the area on the datasheet and is causing the module efficiency to be unrealistically high.

You may want to use the "CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications" to enter the parameter values from the manufacturer data sheet instead of using the data from the library: sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2768

The data in the library is from the California Energy Commission Solar Equipment List: solarequipment.energy.ca.gov/Home/PVModuleList. It's always a good idea to compare the library data with data from the manufacturer in case there are problems with the data.

To model the module a a bifacial module, you should check Module is bifacial on the Module page.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman