Battery Cell and System

• Alejandra
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2023 07:13 #12697 by Alejandra
Battery Cell and System was created by Alejandra
Good morning,

I am trying to model the battery RESU10H Type-R manufactured by LG Chem in SAM. However, it is a high-voltage battery and I am concerned about which voltage should I choose. The nominal voltage is 155 V (9800 Wh/63Ah), but the voltage range is 350-450 V. I guess the battery has a voltage converter or something similar inside. 

Which values should I enter in the current and capacity section? I have included a screenshot of my current values, it is a Lithium Ion NMC battery.

Kind regards,
Alejandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Nov 2023 18:19 #12700 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Battery Cell and System
Hi Alejandra,

For the Resu10H Type-R battery, set the desired bank voltage in SAM to a value between 350 and 400 VDC. The data sheet does not provide information about cell voltage and capacity, so you can leave those at their default values of 3.6 VDC and 3.2 Ah, respectively.

You can set the desired bank capacity in SAM to 9.8 kWh, and the desired bank power to a value that is suitable for your application. The desired bank power is the maximum discharge power, so you might set it based on the load, or based on the number of hours of storage you need (nominal hours of storage = bank capacity (kWh) / bank power (kW).

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman