Evaluating and purchasing solar components

• Peter Krebs
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2023 21:41 #12661 by Peter Krebs
Evaluating and purchasing solar components was created by Peter Krebs
Greetings,
I'm configuring Aurora Solar software and I need to be able to build out an inventory for my designs. I've poked around a bit but haven't found a place that lets me review and evaluate options for solar system components. Is there a marketplace like Amazon with rankings and reviews. Aurora has a long list of modules, inverters, combiners, optimizers to choose from, but doesn't offer any way to evaluate them. Do you have any insight into evaluating equipment for designs. Also criteria and methodology for evaluation. For example, I toured a 25 MW site in Maupin Oregon that was completely stalled due to the inability to get modules - stemming from the lawsuit in California based on Chinese dumping panels on the US. So there's price, availability, reliability, trust in manufacturer, etc. You have any insight to get me moving forward. Are there safe standards that most designers/installers go with based on experience. 
Thanks,
Peter Krebs - Kelp Micro Services

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Nov 2023 16:19 #12664 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Evaluating and purchasing solar components
Hi Peter,

I am not aware of a source for this kind of market information.

NREL and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory publish annual PV market studies, which have more general information, but might be helpful:

www.nrel.gov/solar/market-research-analysis/solar-installed-system-cost.html

emp.lbl.gov/projects/solar

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman