Wind error with CSV exec fail(windpower): error reading wind resource file for..

• Anna N
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2023 21:19 #12605 by Anna N
Hello, I've searched the help forum but can't find this answer.My data are resulting in an error no matter the format I use, whether I have data for every hour for just wind speed, all wind speed data + one of wind direction + temp + air pressure, or data for each of these for every hour. I've also tried using the format that the SAM downloads are in, although the Help page on CSVs seems to indicate this isn't necessary (added columns for Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute). 
These wind values are for a region in Bhutan, so I can't use the available SAM data.I've searched the help forums and the internet. Can someone help me? exec fail(windpower): error reading wind resource file for interpolation at time step 0: 
Simulation windpower failed :exec fail(windpower): error reading wind resource file for interpolation at time step 0:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anna N
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2023 00:29 #12614 by Anna N
Fixed this with conversion to .srw, but the Help file does say a CSV will work now? What is going on?

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Nov 2023 23:15 #12617 by Paul Gilman
Hi Anna,

The CSV file should have worked -- I couldn't see what was causing the problem either.

Would you mind attaching the SRW file so I can investigate further?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Anna N
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2023 23:52 #12618 by Anna N
Thank you!

Here is one of the srw's that are working, copied from the examples.

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Nov 2023 17:45 #12627 by Paul Gilman
Hi Anna,

Did you mean to attach an SRW file? I don't see an attachment with your most recent post.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman