How to simulate various Solar Multiple in "parametrics" in CSP Molten Salt Power Tower

• b.gourhand
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2013 16:50 #1393 by b.gourhand
I am studying LCOEs for various Solar Multiple, locations and hours of TES. But on the contrary of Fresnel and parabolic through technologies, I can't use the SM as a variable in "parametrics". How can I simulate it (without using the solar wizard)???
At the moment, I am using the wizard, then I simulate for a given SM with location and hours of TES (in parametrics) and then I do it again for an other multiple.
Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Mar 2013 21:36 #1394 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

Unlike the parabolic trough and linear Fresnel models, running a simulation for the power tower models is a two-step process: First you run the Circular Field Optimization Wizard to calculate the receiver dimensions, tower height, and quantity and placement of heliostats in the field, then you run simulations to calculate the system's electrical output.

Because the solar multiple is an input to the optimization wizard, it is not available as a parametric variable for simulations. You can calculate results for a range of solar multiple values (optimizing the field for each value) by using a SamUL script. For an example, see the Power Tower and Storage Optimization with SamUL.zsam sample file (you can display a list of sample files from the File menu).

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman