Automated dispach in a PV+BESS system

• Nicolas Machuca
  • Topic Author
More
25 Oct 2023 20:33 #12588 by Nicolas Machuca
Automated dispach in a PV+BESS system was created by Nicolas Machuca
Dear Paul and NREL Staff, 

Hope you are doing well. I have a question regarding the Battery Dispach in a PV plus BESS system where it is possible to charge from the PV and the grid (FOM battery). The main objetive is to maximize the use of battery troughout the year when at the same time reduce the operation cost and maximize revenue with the energy price variation along the day. In this Context, i selected Automated dispach with the possible to charge from grid and system and One day look behind option in "Battery Dispach". 

Unfortanetlly, I expected that the system charge from the grid when there is not enough power and accumulative energy from the PV, but, the system only charge from grid independt of the available energy gemeration from the PV and the energy price during the day.

Besides, The system only can discharge energy starting from 21:00 in the night until 02:00.  

Chart 
  • yellows = Energy Price
  • blue = Electriicy from PV to Battery 
  • Brown = Electricity generated (and from grid to battery)

Is it possible to configure this with those restrictions.
Kind Regards 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Oct 2023 19:16 #12591 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Automated dispach in a PV+BESS system
Hi Nicholas,

For the front-of-meter automatic dispatch option, SAM dispatches the battery to maximize revenue from electricity sales to the grid.

It's hard to tell from the graph exactly what is happening. There may be some constraint preventing the battery from charging when you expect. You could add the battery state of charge to the graph to see if the battery is not charging more from the grid because the state of charge reached the maximum.

Please attach a copy of your .sam file if you would like me to help troubleshoot.

Best regards.
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman