Errors when simulating IPH Trough, LCOH Calc + Molten Salt. SAM 2022

• JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2023 21:40 - 01 Nov 2023 17:42 #12606 by JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO
Replied by JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO on topic Errors when simulating IPH Trough, LCOH Calc + Molten Salt. SAM 2022
Hi, Paul.
Thanks for your help. I adjusted the min and max flow velocities to 2m/sec and 3m/sec, respectively, solving the crash. After that, I made many sensitivity (Parametric) analysis runs. I obtained optimal values for DNI, TES hours of Storage, and Solar Multiple.

Last edit: 01 Nov 2023 17:42 by Paul Gilman. Reason: Insert image as attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2023 15:58 #12615 by JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO
Replied by JULIAN IGNACIO PRIETO PRIETO on topic Errors when simulating IPH Trough, LCOH Calc + Molten Salt. SAM 2022
Good afternoon, Paul. 
I believe my previous post got cropped, and you could not see the last part of it. 

I am including again the error message still coming after any Parametric Run. At the bottom of the error message, you can see it is related to some inputs to perform the LCOH calculation and the Financial Analysis, specifically, the Annual electricity consumption: exec fail(trough_physical_iph): C_csp_trough_collector::on(...) COMPONENT defocus failed.Simulation trough_physical_process_heat failed :Piping geometry file\\Maximum fluid velocity: 3.00\Minimum fluid velocity: 2.00\\To section 1 header pipe diameter: 0.2064 m (8.12 in)\To section 2 header pipe diameter: 0.1615 m (6.36 in)\To section 3 header pipe diameter: 0.1615 m (6.36 in)\To section 4 header pipe diameter: 0.2064 m (8.12 in)\Loop No. | Diameter [m] | Diameter [in] | Diam. ID\
\     1   |    0.1082    |    4.2600     |   1\     2   |    0.0847    |    3.3340     |   1\     3   |    0.0626    |    2.4646     |   2\     4   |    0.0626    |    2.4646     |   2\     5   |    0.0847    |    3.3340     |   3\     6   |    0.1082    |    4.2600     |   4\
 SSC requires input 'annual_electricity_consumption', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulationsSimulation iph_to_lcoefcr failed :precheck input: variable 'annual_electricity_consumption' (Annual electricity consumption with avail derate) required but not assignedSSC requires input 'annual_energy', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulationsSimulation lcoefcr failed :precheck input: variable 'annual_energy' (Annual energy production) required but not assigned
Besides that, could you please tell me how to claculate, or where can I find a method to convert the output capacity of my plant from MWt to MMBTU, or from MWt to Klb or Tons of steam in order to calculate if it will produce the amount of steam required? 
The amount of steam required for this project must be 500klb/hr, but so far I don't know how to determine if the optimum capacity (96MWt) is either enough or too much or too litle to meet the steam production requirement.

I appreciate your help in this topic. Best regards,

Julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman