Energy to load from battery

• Bill Cruise
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2023 15:29 #12556 by Bill Cruise
Replied by Bill Cruise on topic Energy to load from battery
Paul,
With your guidance, I'm now producing the graphs from the time series, and feel like I'm getting closer to solving this.
The key issue is that I am not, at this point, able to show production of any electricity to the loads from the battery.  SOC is fine, and the projected figures for kWh loads seems about right, but I'm only able to show power to the loads from the grid or solar.  None from battery
Sure seems like there's probably a simple variable setting that I'm missing.
Thanks again for taking a look...I'll keep at it this weekend.
Regards,
Bill  
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Cruise
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2023 20:29 - 16 Oct 2023 16:41 #12557 by Bill Cruise
Paul,

Another clue...Here's the data which shows about what I'd expect.  The difference is that this is from running a quick model using PVWatts-Battery, Residential  versus PV-Battery, Residential.  Hmmm....
I've been using, and would like to continue using, PV-Battery, Residential, as it uses quite a bit more "actual" data than the PVWatts model.
I haven't been able to figure out why the difference between models with respect to the "Energy to Load to Battery" parameter. Obviously, there's something I'm missing.

Thanks again,

Bill

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Oct 2023 16:41 by Paul Gilman. Reason: Insert attached image file

• Bill Cruise
  • Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2023 19:26 #12558 by Bill Cruise
Paul,

Quick update...Looks like I've found the simple thing I was looking for.  The battery capacity and battery bank sizing input format for values appear to be different in  PVWatts - Battery, Residential versus PV-Battery, Residential Performance modules.

Please don't spend any more of your time on this at present...looks like I'm getting where I need to be with the models.  The Time Series graphs you presented were very helpful in figuring out the problem I was having.

Thanks for the guidance!  Bill

Moderators: Paul Gilman