Only able to run the simulation for one year

• j.baylay
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2023 15:22 #12524 by j.baylay
Hello,

When trying to see the lifetime performance, costs etc. of my system, I can only run it for one year. When I go to edit the losses on the Losses tab, the option to change the number of simulation years is greyed out; even when an analysis period is specified in the Financial Parameters section. Is this possibly due to the fact that the weather file I have selected only has data for one year? If so, is there anyway to extend this so that it runs the simulation for multiple years using the same weather file?

Many thanks,
Joe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Oct 2023 23:39 #12525 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Only able to run the simulation for one year
Hi Joseph,

For the Detailed PV model, the AC and DC "lifetime daily losses" inputs on the Lifetime and Degradation page are arrays over the lifetime of the project. The "Simulation years" input is disabled because SAM automatically assigns it the value of Analysis Period from the Financial Parameters page. If you go to the Financial Parameters page, change the analysis period, and then go back to the Losses page, you should see the value of simulation years in the Edit Lifetime Data window change even though it is disabled.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman