Openei

• BCruise
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2023 21:10 #12412 by BCruise
Openei was created by BCruise
When adding data for Electricity Purchases in SAM for PV systems, I am able to connect to Openei, and find the local Utility Company.  However, there is minimal rate information posted for this company.  Going directly to Openei, I find that same thing - the local company, but very minimal rate info.  (Minimal info meaning that there is only one entry, and that shows a minimum monthly service amount of $15.  This info is captured in SAM, but nothing else).

Is there a method which will allow me to input the correct rates for this company?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Aug 2023 16:13 #12417 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Openei
Hi Bill,

If you have the rate sheet for the rate you want to model, you can enter the data manually on SAM's Electricity Rates page. This will require studying the rate sheet and deciding how to convert the information there into SAM inputs.

Best regards,
Paul.

• BCruise
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2023 00:55 #12419 by BCruise
Replied by BCruise on topic Openei
Thanks very much, Paul.I had seen this, but HCEC doesn’t post their pcrf or scrf rates, which add about .05 more per kWh to their total rate. So that’s the thing that was throwing me off, and I have added to the Electricity Rates page. Once I figured that out, I was able to add accurate data to SAM.  Good! Appreciate your help. Bill

Moderators: pgilman