Using Detailed PV Model without known solar module nor inverter make - possible?

• JoelH
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2023 02:57 #12272 by JoelH
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a model as part of an early investigation.  At this stage neither the make and model for the solar module nor inverter are known.  I understand PVWatts could be used, but it doesn't allow me to specify like volts for the modules output/inverter inputs, their efficiencies etc.  

Is it feasible to use a generic solar module or inverter under the CEC Performance Model with User Specification, or CEC Performance Model with Module Database, as a "Generic 700V DC Module", and something similar for the inverter?  In this way I could use black box representations for both the modules and inverters without knowing the exact final/shortlisted make to be decided.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
07 Jul 2023 23:15 #12286 by pgilman
Hi Joel,

I think you could choose a representative module and inverter from the library. You can click column headings in the library to sort the list to find a module with the general parameters you want to use. For example, you could sort the module list by "V_mp_ref" to find modules with the maximum power voltage rating you want to use.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman