Solar Wizard: Location Input

• RRSINHA
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2013 03:23 #1364 by RRSINHA
Solar Wizard: Location Input was created by RRSINHA
Dear sir,
What am I doing wrong?
1. I am changing default AZ, Phoenix to GA, Atlanta, GA using Solar Wizard.
When I open full report it shows Phoenix, AZ (the default)

2. When I open in SAM for Phoenix, AZ and changing nothing else and run simulation. I get quite different result:

Solar Wizard Result (Open Full Report) Open in SAM result (nothing changed)
Annual Energy: 5,318 kWh(AC) ................... 6,355
Nominal LCOE 27.8 cents/kWh ................... $23.28
Net present value $-5,900 ................... $-4,667.62
Payback period 23.1 years ................... 19.5282

I have not looked other values yet, so I do not know if they are also different.

Thanks for your help. Hope, you will be responding at my email or atleast notify me after you responded.

Sincerely, Rajeev.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
25 Feb 2013 18:44 #1365 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Solar Wizard: Location Input
Dear Rajeev,

I was able to replicate Item 1. There seems to be a problem with the location value that the SAM Wizard sends to the report generator. We will investigate this and fix it for the next version of SAM. Thank you for pointing out the issue.

I could not replicate Item 2. Based on the results you provided, I assume that you ran the Wizard for a 4 kW residential PV system. The 5,318 kWh value is for Atlanta and the 6,355 kWh value is for Phoenix.

In general, the Wizard is intended to help you get started using SAM. After you've run the wizard a few times, I would recommend using SAM itself rather than relying on the wizard to set the values of inputs and run simulations.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman