Model just battery dispatch (Detail PV+Battery)

• aliparekh
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2023 23:22 - 21 Jun 2023 05:00 #12238 by aliparekh
Hello,

I am trying to model battery dispatch from 4pm to 9pm. However, 'system power' in the time series shows that it is combination of solar+battery. Can we program in which dispatch is only by battery and not combined with solar?

Please guide me. Thank You.

Regards,
Ali
Last edit: 21 Jun 2023 05:00 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
21 Jun 2023 05:07 #12243 by pgilman
Hi Ali,

SAM's manual battery dispatch option uses PV array power if it is available to meet the load to minimize battery throughput losses and battery cycling. You could use the "system availability" losses at the bottom of the Losses input page to force the PV output to zero during those times by setting the DC loss between 4 and 9 PM to 100%.

Best regards,
Paul.

• aliparekh
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jun 2023 07:27 #12244 by aliparekh
Replied by aliparekh on topic Model just battery dispatch (Detail PV+Battery)
Thank You Paul. I understand.
I have one more query regarding the same - In the dispatch section, if I have selected 'Discharge battery only when load exceeds system output' then is it possible to see solar generation in 'Time series' separately and not combined with battery power? When I select 'System power generated (kW)' - it shows solar + battery power combined. Refer attached image.

Best Regards,
Ali

• pgilman
More
27 Jun 2023 07:08 #12254 by pgilman
Hi Ali,

The "Subarray 1 DC power gross" output variable indicates the PV array output. It does not include any AC losses from the Losses page.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman