Cash Flow export to Excel with formulas: Missing battery O&M costst

• Andrei Szabo
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2023 14:38 #12176 by Andrei Szabo
Hi,
I am simulating a load+PV+Battery model with "Commercial Owner" financial model. I am exporting the cashflow simulation results to Excel with formulas.
In the Excel file, at "System costs" / "Operation and Maintenance Costs" (line 8 and below), I see only the PV costs, and not also the Battery O&M costs. I have compared also the SAM result and the Excel result and the LCOE results are different.

Am I undersanding something wrong, or is there a small bug in the Excel export?

Here a screenshot from the SAM and the exported Excel file (do not mind the non realistic values, I put those only to make sure the values are recognizable)

Thank you, 
Andrei
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
26 May 2023 23:21 - 26 May 2023 23:23 #12177 by Paul Gilman
Hi Andrei,

Thank you for pointing out this problem with the Excel workbook that replicates SAM's cash flow calculations for the "Send to Excel with equations" feature (Windows only). We will fix this and another related issue for the Fall 2023 version of SAM: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/1403

Note that this problem is with the formulas in the Excel workbook, not in SAM itself. The results you see on the Cash Flow tab and elsewhere on the Results page should be correct.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 26 May 2023 23:23 by Paul Gilman.

• Andrei Szabo
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2023 13:24 #12185 by Andrei Szabo
Hi Paul,
thank you very much for your reply. I understand that in SAM all works corretly. I was planning to to use the Excel Export to have a script base variation of the financial inputs, but I will have to wait for that until the automn 2023 release. I have bookmarked the issue and this thread to watch for any news.
Thanks and best regards,
Andrei

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Nov 2023 22:07 #12616 by Paul Gilman
This issue will be fixed with github.com/NREL/SAM/pull/1545.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman