Failing to simulate - PV with no financial model

• JimmyC
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2023 16:50 #12074 by JimmyC
Hello,

It's not clear what this error message is referring to. This is a new error message for me, none of my previous simulations failed in this way. Does anyone know what is happening and what "gen not assigned" means wrt to the model?

Thank you.

fail(subarray1_gcr, max=0.99): 16.34
Simulation pvsamv1 failed :fail(subarray1_gcr, max=0.99): 16.34
gen not assigned
Simulation grid failed :gen not assigned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
25 Apr 2023 17:31 #12075 by pgilman
Hi Jim,

This error is caused by the value of Ground coverage ratio (GCR) on the System Design page being out of range. SAM accepts  values of GCR greater than 0 and less than 1. The file you attached has a GCR value of 16.34:

To fix the problem, change the value of the GCR for all of the subarrays. SAM generates a simulation error if the GCR is out of range for Subarrays 2, 3, and 4, even if they are disabled. To change the GCR for those subarrays, enable the subarray, change the GCR value to a valid value, and then disable the subarray.

For a description of the GCR input, see the Help topic for the System Design page (click the Help button at the top right of the window, or press the F1 key.)

Best regards,
Paul.

Attachments:

• JimmyC
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2023 18:30 #12076 by JimmyC
Thank you for the clarification. It looks like I don't fully understand how to calculate the GCR. That number 16.34 was the only way I found to make the system recognize the actual distance between rows (Shading and Layout, row spacing estimate). 

Single-axis tracker with E-W tracking, "rows" are N-S modules. 

• pgilman
More
25 Apr 2023 22:34 #12078 by pgilman
Hi Jim,

The GCR is defined in the Help topic for the System Design page:

samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/pv_system_design.htm

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman