Annual produced energy lower than expected

• Neumann
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2023 20:27 #12033 by Neumann
Hey Paul!

I've been trying to run a csp tower plant and I've been struggling a lot with the obtained results. The cicle is designed to produce 100MWe but converting the annual produced energy Im obtaining something close to 22MW. I have already ultilized a solar multiple of 3 and also increased the hours of storage but still nothing more than this..
Is there a way that I can share my imputs for some evaluation or maybe some guidance regarding what I have missed?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
04 Apr 2023 22:20 #12034 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Annual produced energy lower than expected
Hi Lucas,

You can attach your .sam file if you would like me to try to help troubleshoot.

The image you attached shows peak output of 120 MW and a capacity factor of almost 79%, which is different from what you describe.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Neumann
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2023 14:14 #12036 by Neumann
Replied by Neumann on topic Annual produced energy lower than expected
Hey Paul!

I had tried to run the SAM Macro but since the I didnt manage to change the code in a way that I could reach the HTF leaving the PHX at 290°C, I ended up changing the cold temperature manually..

Also, regarding my results It must have to do with my lack of experience on this subject but the approach I tried to describe was that when I take the annual production as a reference and convert into a hour basis I was getting an output quite smaller than the desired (100MWe).

I also noticed that during few days the plant is not producing (negative output) which got my wondering if my results are indeed solid or not.

Im using this simulation (mainly the mass flow rate) as part of my masters so thats why I need to know if my results are consistent with reality or if there is something Im missing!

Thanks for your help.

My latest file follows attached.

Moderators: pgilman