Can I input electricity prices from a different country (EU)?

• perezign
  • Topic Author
More
14 Mar 2023 21:39 #11995 by perezign
Hi,
I'm a CU Boulder student. I hope you can help me. I'm writing my thesis about how degradation affects the profitability of battery storage projects. I'm doing this research in collaboration with a Spanish company. I was wondering if I could input the prices of the Spanish market instead of the US one.
Also, does ENRL have another software that you think would be suitable for my research. I'm open to any suggestions! I'm very grateful for the work you guys do
Thank you very much.
Best,
Ignacio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Mar 2023 22:36 #11996 by pgilman
Hi Ignacio,

The inputs on the Electricity Rates page should be general enough that you can use them for electricity rates in different countries. The Utility Rate Database (URDB) does not have data for Spain, so you will have to interpret the rate data provided by the electricity service provider and enter the data into SAM by hand.

Be careful that the currency units are consistent for the electricity rates, installation costs, operating costs, incentives and financial costs. Because the default costs are in U.S. dollars, it may be best to convert your currency values to dollars to ensure that all costs are consistent.

As for other NREL software, see the NREL Data and Tools website at www.nrel.gov/research/data-tools.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman