Autonomous Calculations

• mzdrillion
  • Topic Author
More
14 Mar 2023 14:42 #11994 by mzdrillion
Autonomous Calculations was created by mzdrillion
Hello,
I've setup my SAM model to represent a PV+Battery system that I want to evaluate for sustaining a critical load (that happens to equal 100% of load during the year).  As such, it seems the Autonomous Calculations would provide this output ( samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/index.html?grid_outage.htm ).  However, in running the simulation, SAM is now 'bogged' down (this happened somewhere around 65% simulating progress, if that helps),... the simulation took maybe an hour or two to get in the 60's, but I'm currently at ~86% simulation progress after an additional ~84 hours on my computer, with little end in sight.  Is this kind of simulation time expected for my described setup??
Thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Mar 2023 22:48 #11997 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Autonomous Calculations
Hi Matthew,

A SAM simulation should not take that long -- even with battery dispatch and grid outage calculations over the analysis period, the simulation run time should be on the order of minutes, not hours.

Please attach a copy of your .sam file if you would like me to help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

• mzdrillion
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2023 01:09 - 21 Mar 2023 15:50 #12001 by mzdrillion
Replied by mzdrillion on topic Autonomous Calculations
Hi Paul,
I sent the SAM file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for your review.

Thank you for your support,
Matthew
Last edit: 21 Mar 2023 15:50 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman