Importing SCE Data

• greensal
  • Topic Author
More
10 Mar 2023 08:51 #11990 by greensal
Importing SCE Data was created by greensal
Hello,
First of all, this is an AMAZING tool. I can't thank you enough.

Through SCE.com website, I am actually able to download up to 13 months of our hourly recent usage data (CSV file). I've read previous topics about having to import hourly data instead of monthly data. Can you please advise how can I efficiently import the excel sheet provided by SCE into SAM? The downloadable file includes hourly data for full 13 months and I am not sure if I have to import all of these data manually. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
10 Mar 2023 17:21 #11991 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Importing SCE Data
Hello,

See the video under "Short How-to on Importing Load Data" for a demonstration of how to import your data into SAM: sam.nrel.gov/financial-models/residential-and-commercial.html

The Help topic for the Electric Load input page also has information about how work with the load inputs.

SAM assumes that load data starts on Monday January 1, and that the first row of data is for the first time step of the year (in the hour ending at 1 am on January 1). You will need to edit the 13 months of data to meet these requirements. For example if your data starts in a different month than January, you could reorganize the order of months so that the data the first month is January. If your data has a strong weekday/weekend pattern, and your electricity rate structure had different rates for weekdays and weekends, you may want to organize the data so that the data starts with the first Monday in January.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman