pySAM and SAM have different results in PV + BESS automatic dispatch

• mlibarra
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2023 20:50 #11790 by mlibarra
Hello,
I was trying to export a SAM project of a PV plant with battery using the "Generate Code --> PYSAM JSON" option, and I realized that the same results are not obtained as in SAM (for example, in the total energy generated in year 1).

Reviewing I found that when using automatic dispatch in the battery the results obtained are different, but when using manual dispatch in SAM (and then export the code to pySAM) the same results are obtained.

I am attaching the pySAM file that I am using and the weather data file. I could not upload the SAM file because it is very large, but it can be downloaded from the following link: drive.google.com/file/d/1zh0gis26WC3k-yS6R1-Wxlj4fgQYrJX2/view?usp=sharing

Files being exported from SAM must be saved in a folder called "others" for the code to work, or change the path.

I look forward to your help or comments.
regards
Martin Ibarra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
20 Jan 2023 23:43 #11854 by pgilman
Hi Martin,

I tested your SAM file and PySAM script in SAM 2021.11.22 and PySAM 4.0.0 and get the same results. There is a slight difference in the annual energy amount, but that's probably due to rounding differences:

Best regards,
Paul.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman